Please read the below policy carefully to understand how your Personally Identifiable Information is colected, used, protected, and otherwise handled across this website.
What personal information is collected from the visitors to this website?
Generally, no PII is collected from visitors to this website.
Cookie-less analytics may be enabled via either the Vercel or Matomo platforms. Unlike Google Analytics, understanding gingeleski.com with these platforms allows us to —
- Anonymise IP addresses as well as implement other data anonymisation techniques.
- Respect your ‘Do Not Track’ browser setting.
- Disable use of any cookies for our tracking purposes.
- Not track you across other websites in any way.
- Not process any personal data or PII.
More can be read about Matomo here.
This focus on user privacy over detailed analytics means we do not need to prompt you for tracking cookies on this website. No tracking cookies are used.
When do we collect information?
If you subscribe to email updates from this site, it does become necessary to collect your email address. You consent to collection of this PII for the purpose of sending email newsletters related to this website.
If you submit the contact form on this site, we do collect your name and an optional text message in addition to your email address. This PII is destroyed as soon as we have acknowledged your message and responded to it, when appropriate.
How do you use this information?
In the above exceptions where we do collect PII, we will never sell it or transmit it to a third party. Mailchimp is generally used for email distribution plus storage of that data needed to enable it.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
More information here.
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following —
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information —
- By using a link at the bottom of email newsletters.
- By responding to any direct emails we’ve sent as a result of a contact form submission.
How does this site handle ‘Do Not Track’ settings?
We honor ‘Do Not Track’ settings. Notably, however, we do not personally track or plant cookies under normal circumstances anyway.
Does this site allow third party behavioral tracking?
This website does not allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 16.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to —
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following —
- Not use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. An automated process will disable this immediately.